[IAEP] Thoughts on Pedagogy and supporting activity creators

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 21:57:18 EST 2009

Exactly right Bill!

What the learner needs to help them learn comes before all. This will lead to what kinds of materials hard and soft can support their learning.

(The context for these two sentences is that we also need to have a real idea of what it is we'd like to help them learn, and this can range from "whatever strikes their fancy" to e.g. "it would be really good to help everyone learn real mathematical thinking and doing".)

Cheers,

Alan