[IAEP] Need Live CD to take to Argentina

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:27:23 EST 2009

Caryl,

If you do choose to use a Boot Helper CD make sure you test booting up
from it before you go.  When I tried Blueberry myself I found that I
could boot off the USB itself just fine on a newer PC that supports
booting directly from USB.  However, I tried using two other older
machines that needed a boot helper CD and neither of them was able to
boot with the CD.  The pretty boot art with the circle of dots seems
to work OK until it is time to draw the final two dots and then it
hangs.  Note that I have used these machines with Strawberry and
earlier SoaS and their corresponding boot CDs, so the evidence seems
to point to the helper CD itself.

I did report this on BugTraq:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1626

James Simmons