[IAEP] [SLOBs] "Sugar on a Stick" usage motion

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri Dec 18 12:04:48 EST 2009

After an extended post-SLOBs discussion in #sugar, SeanDaly, cjb,
walterbender, sdziallas, myself (and possibly others I've missed -
tomeu, bernie, and dave_b contributed to the earlier discussion) came up
with a motion to unblock the SoaS naming question while we continue to
work on the trademark issue in SLOBs.

How does this sound? I need a second, then a vote.

MOTION: Yes, "Sugar on a Stick" should be reserved by Sugar Labs for use
by the SoaS-Fedora distribution so that Sugar can be marketed
effectively, until such time when a trademark policy, agreement, and
process is put in place: SoaS will be the first project to go through
that process.