[IAEP] hearing impaired education and Sugar

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:06:41 EST 2009

As a follow-up to the previous message...

Getting a wee bit ahead of current reality, here's two projects to keep an
eye on with regards to software specifically targeted at deaf audiences:

Dicta-Sign:
  http://www.dictasign.eu/

Zebedee:
  http://www.limsi.fr/Individu/filhol/research/topics.html
  http://www.limsi.fr/Individu/filhol/zebedee/

Though I didn't interact with him as much as I intended while he was here I
learned that the common denominator above, Michael Filhol, is a friend of
open source, and therefore I expect that some component of the above may be
able to work it's way into Sugar in the future (or maybe it will simply live
in the cloud and be accessible from an XO).