[IAEP] Sharing work between XOs/SOAS devices

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 15 14:22:10 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:30:22PM -0500, Gerald Ardito wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> As our 5th graders are doing more and more work with their XOs, their being
> able to turn in and share their work products (as opposed to collaborating
> with others) is becoming more and more important.
>
> My temporary solution is having them upload their work (along with
> reflections, if desired) to Moodle, which I can do because we have an XS
> implementation. However, this means that if a student has created a Memorize
> vocabulary game that s/he want to share s/he has to:
> 1. Create the game.
> 2. Save it to the Journal
> 3. Go to Browse
> 4. Navigate to Moodle
> 5. Find the right course/right assignment within the course
> 6. Upload game.
>
> S/he pretty much has to do the same thing to download and then play other
> games. This is certainly workable, but dramatically slows down the momentum
> of creating games and wanting others to play them.
>
> So, I am asking to create/offering to help create an Activity that allows
> users to share work products easily. I know that Bert was working on
> something called Distribute, which may be a starting place. It seems to
> share Journal objects, which seems right.
>
> I am happy to work with developers on this. I could create requirements, if
> need be. Just say the word.
>
> I look forward to what comes next.
>
> Thanks and best,
> Gerald

What do you think about followed workflows, which is preferable

1) user, using search controls, minimize list of entries in Journal
   bookmark this entirely list(names it)
   share the whole list(bookmark)
   user can have several bookmarks
   other users see that 1st user shared some bookmarks and can open
   these bookmarks in theirs Journal(it could be separate icon like USB)
   (bookmarks could be useful not only for sharing)

2) there is no bookmarks
   user can share any object w/o bookmarking(e.g. by clicking star icon or so)
   other user see only one list of shared objects

--
Aleksey