[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Future of Zero Sugar

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Dec 15 10:52:04 EST 2009

Aleksey,

I fully support your initiative to make Sugar's handling of activities Work As
Designed and I look forward to testing both your upcoming blob-free activities,
your PackageKit integration, and your 0install Sugar packaging in coming weeks.

Keep pushing.

---------

Bryan,

> Making Sugar easier to contribute to isn't anywhere near the top of the list of
> requested features by our kids and teachers in Nepal.

A large part of the reason why your feature isn't already implemented is
because Sugar's core is stagnating.

Sugar's core is stagnating because of some poor decisions made by some
well-respected individuals on the core development team.

Aleksey's work combats this stagnation.

Therefore, if you want to see more features you like more quickly, you would be
well advised to help Aleksey advance his vision.

Also, doing so will undoubtedly help you build a stronger relationship with
Aleksey. Strengthening that relationship seems to me to offer you the best
chance of persuading him to adopt your "turn-it-in" feature as his next
project.

Regards,

Michael