[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:02:13 EST 2009

Hi Everyone....

A couple of things:

Re: Future of Zero Sugar
[snip]
> I think I've found proper way - instead of decentralising technical
> aspects in core development, decentralise method of sharing changes
> between users/doers - here Zero Install[1] integration[2] - integration
> not to shell UI or other technical aspects but to sugar community.

For us not-quite-so-techie folks, what is a Zero Install?

Re: sounds in Speak

[snip]
> > This afternoon, I had an interesting conversation with a Montessori    > > teacher, about Speak. She asked me why Speak says "a" when "a" is > >pressed and not the *sound* of the letter "a". Montessori teachers     > >teach the shape and sound of letters first, and then the name of the   > >alphabet. I did not have an answer for her, but I wondered if it would  > >be possible to have an option in Speak to do so.

Montessori is a special case and maybe a special Phonics Activity for
them would be a good idea.  Other teachers might want to try it as
well.

About the correct pronunciation of "a," I have noticed that in my
speech and that of others,  the sound of the a seems to vary with the
sentence and how it is used and sometimes even how I feel!

Caryl