[IAEP] Video Editor for the XO?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:02:24 EST 2009

Hi SG and Sugar Labs folks...

Some time ago I asked about the possibility of a video editor for Sugar. I think someone might have been working on one then, but haven't heard anything about it for a long time. Now there is interest again in Latin America. I am translating the dialogue below and the original text is below that.

What is the status of the video editor project?  It would be really nice to have one.

Caryl
Translated message from the Sur list:

Question from Mariana Herrera:

Does anyone know if a video editor exists for the XO?

Is it possible for  the children to edit the videos they take with their computers?

An answer from Horacio Calleros:

It appears that the project Colingo (a video editor) has not continued. Test to see if this online editor is useful: http://youmashtube.com/

Original message in Spanish: