[IAEP] Sharing EToys projects

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Dec 7 14:06:43 EST 2009

On 07.12.2009, at 00:31, Gerald Ardito wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am working with 140 5th grade students who are using XOs (mostly) and netbooks with SOAS.
> About 50 of them are using Etoys to create projects.
> I am trying to find a way to share them with their teachers and each other.
> When I try to upload them to a Moodle course and them download them, the downloaded files can't be read by EToys.
>
> Any ideas?

Gerald,

as others have pointed out there seems to be a mime-type issue when downloading the project from Moodle.

There is one thing you can try: Run Etoys, and then click the "Insert Object" button to load the Journal entry.

Please report back what happens. If Etoys displays the project as a text file, please let us know the file extension (the letters after the last dot in the text editor's window title bar, you may need to enlarge the window to see it fully).

- Bert -