[IAEP] noob download Sugar for XO

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 23:39:50 EST 2009

I am trying to update several XOs

what Sugar version to download?  from where?
wiki.sugarlabs.org seems to be down, and several OLPC pages for this
subject have the "deprecated" sign, but activities.sugarlabs.org seems
to be OK

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure is not very helpful
for the noob, or even for an international expert as I am, but then,
being a wiki, it's my fault ... :-)

I got  http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/802/jffs2/os802.img
and of course http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/802/jffs2/fs.zip

there is also
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/custom/g1g1/gg-767-4/gg-767-4.img

should I use that one instead? it already is said to have Activities.
I'd rather have something that works than something that might but not quite

Which brings us of course to Activities.
Which ones? version? Where?
(links, please, more useful than just a list)
I've read that some are not working anymore, something about Help?