[IAEP] Sugar in the splash screen

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:52:11 EST 2009

This would initially be for the OLPC XO-1.5 machines. As to how/when
there will be a new build for the OLPC-XO-1.0 machines, it is a
subject of heated debate. The issue seems to be finding the resources
to make the necessary patches to support the graphics systems on the
XO-1.0 in Fedora 11. (This work has been done for the XO-1.5, but
since it uses a different graphics subsystem, it is not applicable to
the XO-1.0.)

-walter

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Gerald Ardito <gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Walter,
>
> Does this mean there will be an update to Sugar for the XOs?
>
> Thanks.
> Gerald
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> OLPC has offered to include a Sugar logo in the splash screen, much
>> the way the Fedora Remix graphic is included. Problem is, we need
>> someone to do the work of embedding it.
>>
>> According to Ed, "We had substantial difficulties with the Fedora logo
>> due to the noticeable delay it added to boot time, so some attention
>> would need to be paid there."
>>
>> Anyone out there who would be interested in tackling this?
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> -walter
>>
>> --
>> Walter Bender