[IAEP] Camp Kit

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Apr 14 13:00:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> I was thinking about putting together a 'Camp Kit' Consisting of a
>> wireless router, some cables, and a laptop to act as a proxy.
>>
>> With Bernie's help, for around $100 dollars, we can have a 'just
>> works' network where ever we go.  Without it, we might have a 'kind of
>> works half the time'  network.
>>
>> What else should the kit include?
>
> While not its primary goal... as some people pointed out, the XS on XO
> inches closer to being usable in that role...

Yep, I am looking at coming at the problem from a slightly different direction.

With the School Server, you are trying to do a lot with very little
hardware.  The CampKit, would be _much_ simpler.

The first goal would be to provide a 'SugarConf' access point that
just works.  A presenter could just say please click on 'SugarConf'
and it would just work.  The second goal would be to provide a local
xmpp server that just works.

Anything else would be frosting... for now.

david