[IAEP] Options for having Flash work in Browse on SoaS and on Demo Sticks?

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Apr 4 14:46:55 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I understand the law, if Solution Grove was creating USB sticks for a
> specific school we could load the adobe flash plugin onto every stick prior
> to giving them to the students. I think this is the same basic case as a
> company IT department distributing flash plugins to all the computers in the
> company.

Yes, in either instance there is an individual at the receiving
organization who is 'responsible/liable' for the flash installation at
their organization.

www.sugarlabs.org:) or sean's head will explode.

> My first question is about the grey area.
>
> If we are burning sticks and giving them out at a conference (such as
> FOSSVT) can we have the flash plugin pre-installed?

You would have to get preauthorize from adobe to distribute flash at the event.

> My second question is more general.
>
> What are our different options for improving the user experience when a user
> browses to a YouTube video on Browse on a SoaS image?

1.  Partner with Adobe to distribute the flash player. Noooo.
2.  Partner with Gnash or others  to improve youtube playback on sugar.

david