[IAEP] G1G1 (was Re: [Community-news] OLPC News (2008-09-29))

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:50:18 EDT 2008

This is the first time I have heard that G1G1 will start up again on
Nov 17. As far as I can tell, nobody in the outside world has picked
up on this yet.

Is this a leak? Is it true? Has there been any outside announcement?
Since it doesn't show up in Internet news searches, I am certain that
there was no press release. Should I Slashdot this?

This is a Hell of a way to run a global non-profit. We have one of the
world's biggest brands, and we do nothing with it. We could be The
Must-Have Gift for this Holiday season without any advertising
expense, if we would just let the media have the story. Even with the
manufacturing delays that we can predict. That's one of the draws for
the Must-Have Gift of the year. Cabbage Patch died the moment you
could get one off the shelf.

There is a great deal more I could say about this and other management
issues, but this is not the place for it. If you want to hear any of
it, you know where to find me.

But!! I have a better idea. Who wants to fork the PR program, and help
write an Open Source press release? We'll have to reverse engineer
most of the content, but I have confidence in our community's
abilities.

--
Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still moving ahead in EC!