[IAEP] Teacher in OLPC-Sur list enchanted to see his idea integrated, into global Sugar update [First approach] (luis ACEVEDO)

luis ACEVEDO patitoacevedo at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:10:29 EDT 2008

Hi Greg:

         TurtleArt-11.xo  worked perfectly. My report with  teacher´s comment, screenshoots, and pedagogical support (only in spanish) here:

http://patricioacevedo.blogspot.com/2008/09/mi-reporte-para-sugar-labs.html

       I want to try this features:
    1.- A Beep function in  TurtleArtwithsensors.
    2.- A easy way for to write "Hello word". I received a report about uruguayan´s kids  writing  letters  with  the turtle´s lines, but this way is slow and not fun.

Thanks

Pato Acevedo

www.patricioacevedo.blogspot.com
> Hi Luis,
>
> I believe that Walter updated TurtleArt with a square root function to
> address this.
>
> Was that a satisfactory response? Let us know how that worked for you
> and the people who requested it. Any comments or input appreciated.
>
> What else do teachers and users need? Let's see if we can address some
> more requests and start to improve the quality of the dialog at the same
> time.
>
> Walter,
>
> Essentially the same questions for you. Did that go the way you wanted?
> I get the impression you wanted teachers to modify the code themselves.
> Maybe you can elaborate on that. Perhaps you could have asked if anyone
> wanted to learn how to do it.
>
> In the cycle of praxis, there's the action and the reflection. If we're
> done with the action on this one (still want to hear the final ack) then
>   a little reflection may be in order until we pick the next small
> challenge.
>
> At the same time we can think about what tools work best to address
> these in the future. I didn't see the bug ID come through dev.laptop.org
> but I may have missed it. I assume IRC didn't work for Luis either...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg S
>
> > Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:24:27 +0000
> > From: luis ACEVEDO <patitoacevedo at hotmail.com>
> > Subject: [IAEP] Teacher in OLPC-Sur list enchanted to see his idea
> > 	integrated into global Sugar update [First approach]
> > To: <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>
> >

> > Hello:
> >        My name is Luis Acevedo, live in Santiago, Chile.  I participate actively in the mailing list OLPC-Sur and is closely monitoring the mailing list Sugar Labs. Yesterday in the Sur- List we had a report about  a required feature for Turtle art activity. This is  root square function. Teachers found necessary this function in activities like figure 28 and others from this page http://neoparaiso.com/logo/ejercicios-de-geometria.html
> > I suggested to obtain a ticket trac in http://dev.laptop.org/ and to try in the irc channel.
> > Is there  a other way like to contact directly the authors? Is this a correct place for this questions?
> > I feel it is a first opportunity to move from discussion to action.
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Luis "Pato" Acevedo
> > www.patricioacevedo.blogspot.com
> > www.ucpn.cl

Lo que hay dentro de ti es lo que cuenta - ¿Qué tipo de atleta eres?