[IAEP] Teacher in OLPC-Sur list enchanted to see his idea integrated into global Sugar update [First approach]

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:58:33 EDT 2008

More often than not on the Activity page in the wiki there is contact
information for the Activity author(s). In this case, the author is
Brian Silverman.

(I see that Brian's email -- bs at media.mit.edu -- is not listed.
However, there is also a Trac component for the Turtleart Activity
(turtleart-activity) that can be used for reporting bugs and
suggesting new features.)

We do need better tools, however, as was already suggested, let's see
if we can add this feature -- we shouldn't have to depend on Brian,
except perhaps to approve our patches...

I've already begun, first by adding a sqrt command in the math section
of talogo.py. The next step is to expose it in the interface...

-walter

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, luis ACEVEDO wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>        My name is Luis Acevedo, live in Santiago, Chile.  I participate
>> actively in the mailing list OLPC-Sur and is closely monitoring the
>> mailing list Sugar Labs. Yesterday in the Sur- List we had a report
>> about  a required feature for Turtle art activity. This is  root square
>> function. Teachers found necessary this function in activities like
>> figure 28 and others from this page
>> http://neoparaiso.com/logo/ejercicios-de-geometria.html
>> I suggested to obtain a ticket trac in http://dev.laptop.org/ and to try
>> in the irc channel.
>> Is there  a other way like to contact directly the authors? Is this a
>> correct place for this questions?
>> I feel it is a first opportunity to move from discussion to action.
>> Thanks in advance
>
> To reduce this question to the simplest case:
>
> How does Luis contact the author of Turtle Art?
>
> And to broaden it to the general case:
>
> How do we make it simple for anyone to contact the author of any activity,
> without having to ask a mailing list?
>
> --g

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs