[IAEP] Sad

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:55:41 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why should we rally around Sugar? Microsoft is getting a
> chance because of Sugar. When something doesn't work, and
> you just keep insisting, how is that going to get anywhere?
> A truly amazing opportunity (Linux-only laptops for kids)
> has been squandered.
>
> Tweaking GNOME for the small screen and unreliable pointer
> would be a workable plan to save Linux on the XO. Those of
> you without a Linux background might not know it, but the OS
> can actually be rather easy to use! It can even perform well
> and allow you to find your files.

Albert,

I really admire your persistence. Fedora and OLPC are working on a
traditional GNOME desktop for the XO and I'm sure they would
appreciate your contributions:

http://gregdek.livejournal.com/35165.html

Isn't that awesome? Now you don't need to waste your time reiterating
your opinion about Sugar over and over anymore, and you will have more
time to contribute useful code for the kids.

Then, we will just see who does better.

Love,
Marco