[IAEP] Sad

Martin Sevior msevior at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:53:36 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> 2008/9/16 José Antonio Rocha <joseantoniorocha at gmail.com>:
>> Don't worry about that. Windows is a dead-SO-walking.
>
> Don't think we worry much about Windows around here ;)
>
> I think the main concern (and perhaps MS' main interest in all this)
> is that Sugar is seen as losing its supporters.
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Martin Sevior <msevior at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So the point is that there is a strong counter-story about sugar-labs
> and the current shipments. We need to make sure that story gets out
> too.
>
> What kind of counter-story could be seen by "journals" as equally compelling?

There are several I can think of:

1. Currently shipping 55 K/month
2. Reports from the field
3. New version of sugar+activities about to hit the streets
4. Continuous improvements via Open Source projects
5. Live CD's with sugar for first world schools
6. Sugar on MIPS hardware (that will never happen with windows).

Lots of things to prove that reports of sugars death are greatly
exaggerated :-)

Cheers

Martin