[IAEP] Proposal: IRC channel and mailing list for support

Luke Faraone luke at laptop.org
Mon Nov 24 08:27:32 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 01:50, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at laptop.org> wrote:

> > There's no reason to have two separate channels when 95% of the help
> > will be the same information.
> If we do our job well, the number of Sugar users who do not have
> an XO is hopefully going to increase over time.  Lumping #olpc and
> #sugar together will create confuzion.

Yeah. It's a bit like asking Ubuntu questions in #debian, people will all
have different assumptions about what people are running.

BTW, why do we have both #olpc-help and #olpc?  Development happens
> on OFTC's #olpc-devel anyway.

#olpc is for general discussion about the OLPC project
#olpc-help is for getting-started and support questions
#olpc-devel is where the "real work" happens.

-lf