[IAEP] Project hosting

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 27 03:43:43 CEST 2008

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On May 26, 2008, at 6:44 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> Bernie, do we have a machine where we could setup something like this?
>

> Do you have an idea of how this should be set up? Would a frozen
> virgin Fedora Xen domU disk image being thawed regularly and
> performing a Sugar install from trunk, followed by the domU being
> destructed, do what you want? What actions do you wish to have
> continuously tested?

I think this is advanced stuff.  For now, we'd be content with a
running sugar-jhbuild installing in a local directory that gets
wiped out regularly.

A second step might be creating nightly rpms on Fedora and debs
on Debian and Ubuntu.  This could be done with a relatively
simple mock/fakeroot setup.

But I'm not a testing expert, so maybe a VM snapshot as you
suggest might be easier to setup and control than what I think.

--
   \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
  _| X |  Sugar Lalbs Team - http://www.sugarlabs.org/