[GSoC] Sugar Labs GSoC Mentoring

Eli Heuer eliheuer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:17:45 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm a type designer and Python programmer with a background in UI/UX design
for games. I'm Interested in contributing to GSoC as a mentor, particularly
working with Dave Crossland on the project of building a font design
activity for Sugar.

I have experience teaching a type design workshop for high school students.
In that workshop, I struggled with the lack of user-friendly free software
for graphic designers—this pushed me to find a Python mentor and start
learning to build my own tools.

I have my own OX-1 which I enjoy taking to the beach in the summer.

I make animated gifs with Python for fun:
http://drawbot-exercises.tumblr.com/
games I've worked on:
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,204625/
I have a website:  http://eliheuer.info/
and GitHub: https://github.com/eliheuer

Thanks for considering me on such short notice, I'd like to be involved in
any way I can.

P.S. I'll be at Northwest Linuxfest later this month and would enjoy
meeting up with any Sugar Labs developers who are there.