[Gsoc] GSoC Mentor's summit (and bugging Sascha)

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sat Sep 5 13:39:24 EDT 2009

hmmm. I also thought it went the the mentors.  I double checked the
payment details and Jameson is right; The payment goes to the
mentoring organisation.

As a general rule, I have been loosely assigning money to whoever
brings it in.  The logic is that people and or groups that are
proactive enough to
raise/earn money should be able to spend it; The intelligent spending
decisions will come from those who raise/earned the money not the
oversight board.

It is your to use as you wish; pay travel stipends, pay mentors,
anything that you think will best help your team and the project.

FWIW, this is not an official Sugar Labs policy. It is just a
guideline until we have enough money to worry about setting spending
policies.

david