[Dextrose] Sugarizing Applications

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Sep 29 15:35:31 EDT 2012

Hi,

The biggest problem I have had with sugarizing applications (e.g.
Firefox) is that activity.py declares a top-level window. Since this is
a requirement for every native Linux application, a second window is
opened. This confuses the Frame in many ways.

Perhaps, now we can put these activities on the Gnome desktop and use
Sugar only for purpose built activities. This would avoid the concern
about running activities that do not use the standard toolbars, do save
documents or resume from the Journal or do not offer 'sharing'.

Tony