[Dextrose] [AC Update] Evolving Structure.

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Sat Feb 26 03:56:19 EST 2011

Over the past couple of months AC has been grow and evolving to meet
our customers needs. To help reflect that change, we have updated the
organizational chart.

Our three primary teams; Desktop, Upstream, and Activities are doing
well. Each team consists of a well functioning pair of developers.

Pablo has will be working with CeibalJam to support the upcoming
CeibalJam lead event which will run from May 5th to May 7th in
Uruguay.

Bernie has been having less time so he will shift to helping get our
two new projects started Dextrose Next, and Dextrose Server.

Steven has been working on laying the groundwork for Dextrose 3 which
will align with the next OLPC OS release.

David Van Assche has been working on Dextrose server will align with
OLPC XS0.7. To reduce the onsite administrative skills required to
setup and maintain the school servers, Dextrose Server will use Puppet
as its primary configuration tool.

Looking forward.
The Desktop and Upstream teams have established steady rate of production.

The Activities team is quickly ramping up. They are knocking off a
significant number of activities related bugs. We need to keep our
eyes open for any great activities developers who are available.

Our customer development and communications need work. We have been
interviewing but the positions are still open.

Dextrose Next has been rather neglected as we put most of our effort
into preparing the Dextrose 2 release. We need to take a look at how
Steven is doing and what additional resources he needs.

Dextrose Server is the most requested item that we add to Activity
Central. I expect that with in the next month we will add a second
developer to the team.

david