[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] optional automatic updates

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 7 17:58:35 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 08:40:26AM -0400, Martin Abente wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback, please notice that we already support
> automatic updates. This feature is simply to extend this microformat
> to mark some activities in the list so they don't get automatically
> updated or installed (ie., when they are too big for doing it
> massively).

The perceived size of a download depends on the actual size, and the
bandwidth available.

Does the updater handle stop and continue of download, and give any
indication of the duration expected?  Users will be more willing to
try massive updates (e.g. new Wikipedia activity) if they can be more
in control.

Also, it would be nice if the updater provided updates to nearby
users.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/