[Sugar-devel] Gtk3 sugar on Android

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 17:35:54 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 June 2013, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>

>> On 5 Jun 2013 17:02, "Daniel Narvaez" <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > By the way, I think this should not be too difficult to try out.
>> > Building a Fedora 19 chroot with pygobject and weston should be easy.
>> > libhybris could be manually built inside the chroot.
>> >
>> > Then it should be possible to run it in the x86 emulator, ld preloading
>> > libhybris and enabling the gtk wayland backend. If a basic gtk test
>> > application works that way, then I think sugar can be made to work too.
>> >

>> Still won't be possible on f19 as there's still too many bits missing but
>> it should be possible with f-20.
>

> Which bits are missing?

I don't know the full details but some of the gnome developers that
maintain gtk3 and associated dependencies on Fedora have blogged about
it. They've also blogged that they plan to have the first version of
gnome3 running on wayland with the 3.10 release in Fedora 20. Those
guys are the lead developers on a number of the core components so
they would know.

Peter