[Sugar-devel] Git introductory material (Fwd: git top links: 2011-1)
sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-1 at silbe.org
Wed Jan 19 04:11:40 EST 2011
The need for introductory material on git comes up regularly (e.g.
 - that's why I CCed you, Art). It would be nice if someone not
quite as familiar with git as I am would check whether any of the guides
mentioned below is a good fit for Sugar Labs and adjust the wiki
Thanks in advance!
--- Begin forwarded message from Felipe Contreras ---
From: Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com>
To: git <git at vger.kernel.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:09:04 +0100
Subject: git top links: 2011-1
git top links is my attempt to gather all the links people have been
tagging as "git" in delicious.com (these are not chosen by me).
Here are four months into one.
The fancier blog version is here:
= New =
1. Tower, the most powerful Git client for Mac (89)
Interesting new and powerful git client
2. Introductory Guide to Git Version Control System (51)
Thorough indoductory guide
3. A collection of useful .gitignore templates (45)
C, C++, Python, every language has different common .gitignore templates
4. The Designer’s Guide to Git or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and
Love the Repository. (24)
5. Git info in your ZSH Prompt (21)
6. Git Supervisual Cheatsheet (16)
Simple and colorful cheatsheet
7. Classy Git (15)
Another great presentation from Scott Chacon
8. Get Started with Git (14)
Very nice article introducing Git and DSCM in general by Al Shaw
9. Gitifier; Git commit notifier for MacOSX (14)
10. Getting Good with Git! (28)
11. git-achievements: Earn geeky merit badges while learning Git (13)
12. RubyDrop (12)
"RubyDrop is my first ever Ruby project that aims to be an
open-source, roll-your-own, Dropbox clone. It uses Git as the backend
for file tracking and remote syncing."
13. gitmodel (12)
"An ActiveModel-compliant persistence framework for Ruby that uses Git
for versioning and remote syncing."
14. Slaying dragons with git, bash, and ruby (11)
Tricks to use git hooks to prevent bad commits
15. libgit2 (11)
"libgit2 is a portable, pure C implementation of the Git core methods
provided as a re-entrant linkable library with a solid API, allowing
you to write native speed custom Git applications in any language
which supports C bindings."
16. Version Control for Designers (10)
= Japanese =
--- End forwarded message ---
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 494 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Sugar-devel