[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Frame icon for bugs reporting
alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Jan 12 10:20:50 EST 2011
This is a mockup how bugs reporting UI might look like frorm user pov.
It is different from existed mockups , because it is intended to be
semi automatic and targeting more to deployment needs (here Dextrose).
Also this feature (in initial implementaion stage) should got to
Dextrose-2 with deadline 22Feb.
There is two, visible for users, GUI elements:
* frame icon (in devices tray)
* CP section to setup settings
The frame icon might be in two states:
1) no need in bugs reporting
2) one or more entries to send bug reports
New bug reporting entries will be added implicitly, e.g.:
* if unhandled python exception happened in the Shell
* activity is not started
* activity existed with not 0 status
* (?) unhandled exceptions in activity
The only visible things are:
* on any fails, if it is the first bug report entry
notification icon will blink
* image for frame icon will be changed to show that there are entries to
* later reports won't show notifications (to not being annoying,
especially for shell exceptions). User will recognize that he has bugs
to report by changed frame icon image.
* frame icon's palette will contain either "Ok" label or number of
errors, button to open Log activity and button to send reports
CP section will contain:
* on/off frame icon (and this feature)
* server to upload reports
* timeout to auto send reports (0 to disable auto send)
More information about the Sugar-devel