[Sugar-devel] sugar-toolkit-gtk3 patches
sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-4 at silbe.org
Mon Dec 5 18:24:08 EST 2011
Hi Simon et al.,
sugar-toolkit-gtk3 is starting to get into shape (branch
silbe-rework-20111205). Remaining issues:
1. 7431584: Restructure for new /usr/bin/sugar-activity behaviour
This patch, back-ported to the GTK2 sugar-toolkit, and it's sugar
counterpart should be posted to sugar-devel for review. In its
current state I can't tell whether it's correct.
2. 9ca0113: activity.py: Apply sugar GTK3 theme and icon theme (Daniel
Lacks an explanation why we need this. IIRC it had something to do
with not being able to do it from the rc file anymore, but why
doesn't the patch include an rc file change then?
3. a6513e6: Switch sugarext to be an introspectable library (Simon
Some links explaining what this means and how it's done would be
4. a0a6c92: _TimeoutIcon: use markup instead of Pango for bold text
Lacks escaping. See e.g. . Since I don't know for sure how to do
this in the introspection world, I haven't fixed it myself.
5. 288428c: Port key handling code to GTK3 (Raul Gutierrez Segales)
Description lacks details of what was changed and why.
I don't see a good reason for the GDK_KEY macro. GDK_KEY_Num_Lock
(to pick an example) is as readable as GDK_KEY(Num_Lock) and the
former has the advantage that searching the documentation (or the web)
for this string will yield something useful.
Introduces lines > 79 characters.
6. b3ae42d: Add GdkWrapper to access non-introspectable Gdk API (Raul
Is this still required? Where's the upstream (i.e. GTK/GDK) ticket?
7. 8a4e452: Add wrapper for rsvg, c7d3870: Use rsvg wrapper while rsvg
gains introspection support (Raul Gutierrez Segales)
AIUI rsvg is introspectable now, so we can drop these patches? Is
there some other patch we need instead (to adapt to rsvg API
8. f709d24: Add examples for Alert, Animator, ComboBox, IconEntry and
Notebook (Simon Schampijer)
The examples have no comments at all. But maybe still better than
not having examples.
9. 3b2cf71: Import sugar-base into sugar-toolkit (Daniel Drake)
Needs to mention the exact revision of sugar-base so we know which
bug fix patches to forward-port from sugar-base.
There are white space issues with several of the files (including
text files, Python sources and C sources), BTW.
Several patches also lack a Signed-off-by from their respective author
(Daniel Drake, Simon Schampijer, Benjamin Berg, Raul Gutierrez Segales).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Sugar-devel