[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Policy for activities for downstream inclusion

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:28:05 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Tue Sep 14 16:14:08 +0200 2010:

>> We should not go from the git repository. Either use the .xo or a tarball.
>
> Why? And who is "we" in this case?

For the entire 'why' I will have to refer you to the the Debain
mailing lists. /me ducks  The short answer is Debian packaging is
premised on the idea of a 'pristine source' which historically has
been a publicly available tarball.  Over the last couple of years
Jonas has modified the CDBS (Common Debian Build System) to grab from
a properly tagged git repo.

'We' is anyone interested in having their activity packages accepted
into Debain.

david