[Sugar-devel] review process changes
tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed May 26 07:48:17 EDT 2010
would be good to reach some consensus and finally change the review
process as defined in
== Changes I would like to see ==
* Having _all_ reviews in the mailing list. The process already allows
patches to be sent and discussed in the mailing list, but restricts it
to "new feature[s] and reasonably big".
* Reduce the time spent creating and changing tickets in Trac
== Issues I need help with ==
* How can a maintainer keep track of his queue with something like
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/wiki/TomeuReviewQueue if patches are sent to
* How can we make sure that patches don't fall through the cracks?
* How can I know if the patch I'm staring at is the latest version?
* How can we make easy to go from git blame to the review thread, the
bug report and the feature page?
== Opportunities brought by this change ==
* Share the code review tasks with more people. Somewhat orthogonal to
the approval process itself, but having all reviews in the mailing
list may make this more natural and efficient.
* Get more people doing maintenance tasks and eventually becoming maintainers.
Thanks for any opinions,
More information about the Sugar-devel