[Sugar-devel] Activity Proposal.

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 14 11:01:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 14:30, Vishal Garg <vishalgarg09 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all, this is my first post to the list.
>
> I’m a 20 year old Indian student pursuing my undergrad from Jaypee Institute
> of Information Technology University, Noida with Information Technology as
> my major. I have been developing applications as university projects until
> now and have also have worked as a freelancer.
>
> I have been following open source technologies since almost a year as a
> user. Attending various FOSS events was the major highlight of this
> incubation period. And now I want to enter the development phase so that I
> can start contributing to the open source community as soon as possible.
>
> I have just finished my junior year and as per my college I have to undergo
> an internship for gaining experience in my major field.
>
> With this mail, I wish to seek a mentor who would help me with the progress
> of the development of a Sugar Activity which I propose to develop -
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/VedicMaths, and  at the deployable stage of the
> Activity (after which I would continue to contribute to it) could write me a
> letter/certificate confirming my internship.
>
> Being passionate about the Sugar Platform and Human Computer Interaction(the
> field in which I wish to purse MS), I see this as an opportunity where I
> could devote myself in and enhance my knowledge and develop a deeper insight
> into the related areas. I assure you that given a chance I will prove to be
> an asset. I am very keen to work on it.

Hi Vishal,

if you don't find a mentor at first, I recommend you to start with
your activity and try to make a preview release in the shortest amount
of time as possible.

You can make questions about activity development in this mailing
list, I think James Simmons will appreciate feedback on his book:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ActivitiesGuideSugar

Regards,

Tomeu

Regards,