[Sugar-devel] flickering mouse in an activity on an xo

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Aug 29 23:40:52 EDT 2010

On 29 August 2010 08:55, Erik Blankinship <erikb at mediamods.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have encountered a problem when I run a very basic test
> activity on an XO1-5: the mouse pointer flickers whenever a sprite is
> animated.

This is because we are using software cursor on XO-1.5. It's to be
expected. It might change in the future.

Background: if we use the hardware cursor, we have to store the
location of the cursor during suspend and restore it during resume. We
can't query the hardware for the location of the hardware cursor. The
X server (which knows about the location of the cursor) doesn't know
about suspend/resume, and the kernel (which knows about
suspend/resume) doesn't know about the X server.
Future solution: DRI2/KMS (move the X graphics driver into the kernel)

Daniel