[Sugar-devel] flickering mouse in an activity on an xo

Erik Blankinship erikb at mediamods.com
Sun Aug 29 13:17:22 EDT 2010

> FWIW, the cursor flickers just like that in pygame based activities.
> Physics is pygame based, and the flicker was pretty annoying as the cursor
> is a key part of the UI, pygame also didn't pickup the Sugar cursor default
> shape — so I cheated, I switch off the cursor, and place a pygame sprite in
> the same place. No flicker, correct looking cursor. Total hack of course
> (though code in the end was easy/minimal).
>
> Just a handful of lines in physics.py, most of which there to hide the fake
> pygame canvas cursor when the cursor moves into the toolbar area:
>
>     <http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/physics/repos/mainline/blobs/master/physics.py>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/physics/repos/mainline/blobs/master/physics.py

Interesting...  thanks for sharing the workaround.  That should work for the
hamster library too.  When I get a chance to try it out, I will report back
to this thread.

Is there somewhere to get the sugar cursor graphics within sugar itself?  I
see that physics imports its own local copy:
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/physics/repos/mainline/blobs/master/standardcursor.png