[Sugar-devel] [Fwd: Dependency on python-cjson - dead upstream]

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:35:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 08:54:38AM -0300, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>>
>> El Tue, 24-08-2010 a las 10:10 +0100, pbrobinson at gmail.com escribió:
>>>
>>> Hi Bernie,
>>>
>>> Funny this should come up. When Sebastian and I were packaging up sugar
>>> and deps for EPEL-6 I discovered this and scratched my head over it but
>>> haven't had time to follow up. Looking through the various sugar packages I
>>> see most of them use python-simplejson so if it could be verified that
>>> sugar-datastore does in fact work with python-simplejson I would happily
>>> change it over to simplify and reduce deps.
>>
>> No, it indeed still uses cjson. Sascha, could you provide a patch to
>> convert it to simplejson?
>
> Please beware that sugar-toolkit, and activities Browse, Chat, Read and
> Speak, also use cjson.

sugar-toolkit according to the requires in the spec file uses
python-simplejson but that doesn't mean that its historically wrong
and just works due to the fact that sugar-datastore pulls in the dep.
The others don't have the explicit requires but then again that is
likely because sugar-datastore and associated deps are available.

Peter