[Sugar-devel] UI testing, GitHub (was Re: List of widgets used in Sugar?)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Aug 18 06:08:42 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Tim McNamara's message of Mon Aug 16 04:41:39 +0200 2010:

> More generally, Experior is coming along relatively nicely.
Great news!

> The canonical branch is being hosted on GitHub [3]. Partially because I
> wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Mainly because of its lightweight
> issue tracker. Once I feel that the code is at a fairly stable state, I'll
> move the tracker to bugs.sugarlabs.org.
Please report back how well GitHub worked out for you and what the relative advantages / disadvantages are.
FWIW, we seem to have finally found someone with time and willingness to upgrade our gitorious instance. Yay to Raul!

> *Emerging Issues:*
>  - Experior is designed to test actvities, I can't seem to test sugar-core
> UI feature atm
That's fine IMO. The core system (Shell etc.) and sugar-toolkit are likely
to have different needs than activities when it comes to testing. Don't
try to bend a tool to achieve two different jobs, rather focus on doing
one of them well.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/