[Sugar-devel] Awards / certificates / prizes (was: Re: Appropriate to call myself "senior developer"?)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Aug 17 16:15:16 EDT 2010

Excerpts from James Simmons's message of Mon Aug 16 22:00:04 +0200 2010:

> Maybe that could be an inducement to volunteer for Sugar Labs.  Make a
> significant contribution and somebody in authority, maybe Walter
> Bender, gives you a cool title.  Maybe a signed certificate you could
> hang in the office of your day job.

We decided to do something like this some time ago, but like so many
things forgot about it again soon after. To the best of my knowledge,
only Aleksey got awarded the Sugar Labs "Volunteer of the Month" award.
[1]

Would be a nice idea to take it up again - there are quite a few people
who help making Sugar Labs a better place but get almost no visibility.
David and Frederick come to my mind instantly.

T-Shirts would be nice, but probably are too expensive, so paper
certificates shipped as PDF will have to do for now. ;)

Sascha

[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/community-news/2009-September/000100.html
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/