[Sugar-devel] Oompa-Loompas (was: Re: Appropriate to call myself "senior developer"?)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Aug 17 15:39:58 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Sun Aug 15 06:19:40 +0200 2010:

[Calling myself senior developer + sysadmin]
> +1 from me...
Thanks to everyone for all the positive replies!

> ...as long as I can be "Senior Wizard Extraordinaire and Überhaxc0r at
> Sugar Labs and everywhere else" :-)
Senior developer is just a buzzword to write in a CV, i.e. a piece of
paper managers and recruiters want because they have no clue. ;)

I really like the Oompa-Loompa title.
Would wearing a T-shirt with the Sugar Labs logo and Oompa-Loompa on it
be considered acceptable use of the trademarks? Do I need to explicitly
apply to SLOBs? Do I need to include the trademark acknowledgement text?
Something like "Resistance is futile, your system will be Sugarized"
won't be acceptable according to the Trademark Usage Guidelines [1]. :-/

Sascha

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Trademark/Guidelines#Trademark_Usage_Guidelines
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/