[Sugar-devel] Browse-115 stops when pop-up tab closes

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Aug 14 02:01:39 EDT 2010

On 12/08/2010, Christoph Derndorfer <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, submitted the bug which should hit Sascha Silbe's inbox for moderation
> right about now.

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2155

We have this problem too with os300py and the "lavaspot" wifi hotspot
login in Samoa.

Reported badly privately last week (little internet at that time). I
will grab a tcpdump of it happening and attach to ticket.

The quit is /fast/ like it core dumped. I tried messing with quotas to
get a core but was unsuccessful. Tips? Where would a core be dropped?
If the process does die untidily, where is this fact logged? Where
does it's stderr go? stdout and stderr go to the log file, so it
should  say signal 11" in the log if it seg faulted, right?

I can reproduce for the next 24 hours and have good net access once
again, if there is something I can do to diagnose, please let me know.
(we leave samoa tomorrow).

Tom