[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Problem with Pippy layout on <=0.84

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Aug 13 05:46:25 EDT 2010

On 07/31/2010 01:36 AM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

>>> I agree that 'hiding' the action buttons away in a toolbar is rather
>>> unfortunate :-( , but wouldn't placing buttons as in the original
>>> layout eat up vertical space?
>>
>> No more than before (as has been the design for years).
>
> The old design with the buttons in the middle always struck me as
> non-standard in Sugar.
>
> I prefer the new design with all buttons in the toolbars. If it causes
> problems with Sugar 0.84, maybe we could simply mark the new bundle as
> 0.86-0.88 only?

In this case I would use the old design (buttons in the middle) for
sugar <= 0.84 and use the new toolbar design for newer sugar versions.
As the activity toolbar (title, share "keep") has moved to a subtoolbar
[1] we do not have the space issue here anymore.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:0.86_Browse_new_toolbar.png