[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Add Sugar Ad-hoc networks

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Aug 13 04:33:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

have just entered a new feature page for the Sugar Ad-hhoc networks,
which is being proposed as a feature for 0.90.

The Feature will add three default Ad-hoc networks, for channel 1, 6 and
11. They will be represented with designated icons in the neighborhood
view. This will mimic the mesh behavior on devices where mesh hardware
is not available and make the "under a tree"-scenario possible in those
cases. If Sugar sees no "known" network (the learner has not been
connected to an currently available Access Point before) when it starts,
it does autoconnect to an Ad-hoc network. First we try if there is an
Ad-hoc network that is used by other learners in the area, if not we
default to channel 1.

In the page you have links to previous discussions, the design to the
code already in review and a testing plan.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Sugar_Adhoc_Networks

Regards,
    Simon