[Sugar-devel] No sugar-base or sugar-presence-service releases for 0.90 branch?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Aug 5 14:36:10 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 02:11:38PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>On 07/21/2010 12:14 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> I am currently releasing the 0.90 (a.k.a. 0.89.x) branch of Sugar for
>> Debian.
>>
>> The parts sugar, sugar-artwork and sugar-toolkit have Git tags and
>> tarballs in the 0.89.x series, but not sugar-base or
>> sugar-presence-service.

>there have been no changes to those modules yet. I was wondering about
>doing a release today - just to bump the version number, but was not
>sure what is more convenient. You as a packager, what would you prefer?

Yes, for "base" parts (the subset of Sucrose which all activities depend
on) it makes best sense for me as distributor that each branch has a
complete set of tarballs.

Alternatively there ought to be a single, obvious to find canonical
place which declared which parts officially span which multiple
branches.  But really I prefer the (in my opinion) simpler approach of
simply rereleasing with bumped version number, even if nothing has
changed.

This *only* relates to core parts.  Activities we have no problems in
Debian handling even if they span multiple branches.  Or actually, we do
have problems with it currently, but that is due to bugs in the CDBS
plugin that I developed for it, not a problem with your releases. :-)

  - Jonas