[Sugar-devel] Record Activity (audio)

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Mon Aug 2 14:32:26 EDT 2010

Daniel,

I'll try to submit some bug reports regarding Record audio for SoaS
Strawberry through Mirabelle.

Is there any likelihood that wav format (audio) output will be made
available in Record? If not, I'm happy to accept that. In such a case, I'll
stop thinking of porting my FileMix utility to Sugar - until Csound includes
ogg format audio as input (if it ever does).

Currently there's a disconnect between audio file formats written by Sugar
activities and audio file formats accepted as input by Sugar Csound. I'm
also aware that it might make more sense for Csound to accept ogg as input -
given storage constraints. I'll suggest that to the Csound community.

Art Hunkins