[Sugar-devel] Home view activities layout

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Aug 2 10:50:33 EDT 2010

sameer wrote:

 > This reminds me of something tangential...when the home view gets
 > crowded like this, will the search feature help in locating an
 > activity? Does the mechanism exist?

i seem to recall that this mechanism does exist, but has been
disabled.  the issue was that if you unknowingly touched a key
while in the home view, the search would kick in, often leaving
you with an empty home screen -- no matches to the search,
therefore now icons.  perhaps if the non-matching icons were
greyed out instead of eliminated completely, we could bring it
back.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org