[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Restart

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Aug 2 00:50:49 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 14:32 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> > I've no objection to changing it back, just so that we look responsive.
> > We could swap it back and forth once every year or so.  A regular party.
>
> I would consider raising the bar a bit more when removing a change is
> requested by requiring more evidence of its convenience.

Meanwhile, I heard that also the testers from Uruguay asked to restore
the Restart menu.

Perhaps we could make the button configurable with a gconf key, like we
already do for Logoff?

> The problem with local UX customizations is that it can make global
> resources such as manuals less useful.

That's unfortunate, but localization already makes it hard to share
manuals across deployments (with the notable exception of the
spanish-speaking ones).