[Sugar-devel] Zero-calorie bundles?

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Fri Dec 11 20:00:28 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've coded[1] initial implementation[2] for "standalone" 0install mode,
w/o any support from shell. So, activity could bundle saccharin module
to .xo and maybe 0install pure python library as well(otherwise system
should have already installed zeroinstall-injector package, it could be
any version - saccharin will update it from the web on the first start).

So, any devs interested in such features are welcome to test it.

I'm planing to complete PackageKit integration to 0install and start
implementing feeds for ASLO activities that have bundled binary blobs.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Zero_Install_integration#Standalone_mode.2C_using_bundled_saccharin_module
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Zero_Install_integration#Support_0install_integration_in_sugar_.3C0.88_activities

--
Aleksey