[sugar] alt-tabbing to the Journal
Tue Oct 7 07:43:20 EDT 2008
On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 12:21:23PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> have we reached any consensus on [alt-tabbing to the Journal]?
No, based on http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6251
> Perhaps someone that cares about changing the current behavior could
> do a summary of the arguments on each side?
*Perhaps* there are only two opposing views; I am biased but will
attempt to summarize the pro (removing-from-alt-tab-list) and the
con (keep-it-as-is-now) views:
1. One never wants to Alt-Tab to the journal
2. there is a dedicated key for getting to it
3. the journal should be treated more like a zoom level ("lower" than
the home view).
4. Unnecessarily makes itself the active activity when focused, so now
the Activity/F4 key as well as the search key are dedicated to it.
1. One sometimes wants to Alt-Tab to the journal
2. The journal is positioned like an activity in the Frame and UI
I personally respond to the cons as follows:
1. When? Nobody's cited examples where it's more desirable to use
Alt-Tab than the dedicated key.
a) Frame positioning can be changed - there are two proposals and one
with a mockup that synchronizes the keyboard layout with the frame
b) I don't know what's meant by
"positioned like an activity in the . . . UI" - it seems quite
distinct and more like another zoom level to me, and the journal is
never launched like other activities are (neither from Home, Mesh,
Neighborhood zoom levels, nor resumed from itself).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/attachments/20081007/260b7f99/attachment.pgp
More information about the Sugar-devel