[sugar] [Localization] How software updater will be translated?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu
Wed Jul 30 12:19:37 EDT 2008

Hi,
We had some discussion about this in yesterday's release meeting, and
it looks like this feature is  primarily targetted for G1G1 users, so
getting this quickly translated is not a major priority. Also, Scott
(who is working on this tool) told me that the strings will be
changing significantly in the near future, since he is currently
discussing potential improvements to the UI with Eben. I think in such
a case, it might be a better idea to wait for sometime, until the
strings become a bit more stabilized.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I notice sugar.pot doesn't include strings for software updater in
> control panel.
> It seems that source code for the updater isn't included in
> sugar-0.81.7 tarball and POT generation didn't see the module.
> Where is the source code and PO on Pootle to translate?
>
> Cheers,
> /Korakurider

Sayamindu Dasgupta