[sugar] Performance

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Thu Jul 24 08:36:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll come back with more details on their specific concerns as soon as I
> get it.

The good news is that so little work has gone into this area that
improving is easy. The bad news is that we currently have nobody to
work on that :/

If we are serious about improving performance, I suggest to make a
list of the perceived performance problems, then try to come up with
measurements that match as well as possible. In some cases will be
easier, in some cases will be harder. Only then we can start to
discuss how to improve it.

Also, we'll need to be ready to do one of these:

- move some new features from 8.2.0 to 9.1.0,

- move the 8.2.0 release later (perhaps merging with 9.1.0?),

- lower our general quality standards.

Regards,

Tomeu