[sugar] Filling the Journal

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Jul 22 10:28:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:

> The test team could use an automated method to fill the journal in order
> to test this better.
>
> Can someone write a script or help automate that test case?
>
> Let me know if that is not clear or you have any questions. I think this
> is a high priority to automate since we wont even catch this condition
> on short-run beta or early field trial tests.
>
> It would be super helpful if someone who's name is not Marco, Tomeu or
> Simon can do this...

Yes, I think this is something important to test well. Also, please
test powering off the laptop while creating, updating, reading, etc
That is what I think is causing the "journal blank" issue in Uruguay.

Although my name is Tomeu, here you have a script that creates
entries, can serve as a base for something more elaborated:

http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/datastore;a=blob;f=tests/test_sugar.py;h=39a0e8c46218e60946095664da31c82730bfce6f;hb=HEAD

Regards,

Tomeu